"Participate, Educate, Celebrate"
The National Alliance of State Prostate Cancer Coalitions – “The Prostate Cancer Alliance”- is pleased to present its 15th Annual Meeting GALA on Saturday, October 19, 2019 at 6:30 pm.
Cocktails and Dinner will be provided, along with an evening of celebration, honoring Paul Schellhammer, M.D., and others, and also featuring James Gulley, MD, PhD of NIH in his third appearance at the Annual Meetings held by the Prostate Cancer Alliance.
National Alliance of State Prostate Cancer Coalitions
Report from the 15th Annual Meeting and Gala
October 18, 2019 – October 20, 2019
Hotel Monaco, Washington, D.C.
“Educate, Participate, Celebrate”
The 15th Annual Meeting & Gala of the National Alliance of State Prostate Cancer Coalitions, also known as The Prostate Cancer Alliance, was held at the esteemed Hotel Monaco in Washington, D.C. on the site of the original General Post Office Building (circa 1840), from Friday, October 18, 2019 through 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 20, 2019.
This was a celebratory Annual Meeting, as it was a landmark year – our 15th year of helping prostate cancer patients and their families. State prostate cancer organizations – coalitions, foundations, associations and other entities - from across the entire United States, including Alaska and Hawaii, sent at least one, sometimes two or three representatives to the 15th Annual Meeting.
The expectation as always was that at the conclusion of the Annual Meeting, all attendees would return to their respective constituencies and then disseminate throughout their states, all of the educational, scientific and practical information they’d received, thereby helping patients everywhere.
Annual Meeting Sponsors sent representatives to the 15th Annual Meeting & Gala to learn, to network and to work with state prostate cancer organizations, as well as to distribute their materials. There were a record 16 sponsors for this year’s event, and NASPCC is very grateful for their support which helped us to organize and hold this stellar Annual Meeting.
Save the Date
15th Annual Meeting Proceedings
Conference Presentation Files
All files are in PDF format that may require a plugin for viewing.
Second Annual Patient Conference on Prostate Cancer
June 6, 2020, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
The Steering Committee has decided to postpone this event until early Fall. We will post the new date here as soon as it is available.
The day-long event will be held in the San Francisco Bay Area, at a venue to be announced. Co-sponsored by The California Prostate Cancer Coalition (CPCC) and The UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
Last year's conference...
The 2019 Patient Cancer Conference on Prostate Cancer
"Using Current and Cutting-Edge Information to Help Make Informed Decisions"
June 8, 2019
The California Prostate Cancer Coalition (CPCC) and the Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center of UCSF proudly presented The 2019 Patient Conference on Prostate Cancer in Cole Hall on the UCSF Campus, in San Francisco, on Saturday, June 8, 2019. The conference was for patients, caregivers, health care providers and all those interested in information and tools to make informed decisions in prostate cancer.
A stellar faculty included Eric Small, MD; Peter Carroll, MD, MPH; Matt Cooperberg, MD, MPH; Mack Roach III, MD; Felix Feng, MD; Rahul Aggarwal, MD; June Chan, ScD; Leonard Marks, MD; Joseph Scherger, MD, MPH, Thomas Hope, MD, and many others presented during the day-long Conference.
- Prostate Cancer Basics
- Genetics and Genomics
- Clinical Trials
- ABCs of Androgen Deprivation Therapy
- Low-Risk Disease and Active Surveillance
- Treatment of Metastatic and Non-Metastatic Disease
- Systemic Therapy
- Diet and Exercise
- Managing Side Effects, Access to Care
- Intimacy and Sexual Function
Effective Shared Decision-Making requires that the patient and his doctor be INFORMED in order to make the best decisions. This Conference will help patients become informed so that they can think about their care, discuss their case with their doctors and others, and join in effective informed decision-making.
See links to Conference agenda, flyer and program below.
Here are some presentations from the NASPCC 14th Annual Meeting.
Use the links below to download the PowerPoint presentation slides for each presentation. Files in PDF are so indicated. A plugin or additional software is required to view this content.
- The Importance of Hereditary Cancer Testing in Prostate Cancer - Rob Finch, MS, CGC
- Genomics and Prostate Cancer - Cecilia Hammond, MSN
- Genomic Testing: When and Why? - Rob Finch, MS, CGC
- Why Nuclear AR-V7 - Katherine Atkinson
- Active Surveillance for Low Risk Prostate Cancer - Michael A. Gorin, M.D.
- THE DISEASE LANDSCAPE OF PROSTATE CANCER (PDF) - Nicholas Souders, Ph.D.
- Chemotherapy Options for Advanced Prostate Cancer - Jeanny B. Aragon-Ching, M.D., F.A.C.P.
- Bone Scan Index as a Prognostic Biomarker (PDF) - Karl Sjöstrand, PhD
- 2018 UPDATE ON IMMUNOTHERAPY IN PROSTATE CANCER - James L. Gulley, M.D., Ph.D., F.A.C.P.
- Radiation Therapy for Prostate Cancer - Ronald Chen, MD MPH
- Patient-specific Treatment of Prostate Cancer - Shyam Natarajan, PhD
- Space OAR Hydrogel - April Renzella
- Positron Emission Tomography For Evaluation of Prostate Cancer - Eugene D Kwon MD
- FDA Approvals for Systemic Treatment of Prostate Cancer in 2018 - William R Berry MD
- ADVANCED PROSTATE CANCER: BONE ISSUES AND METASTASES - Samuel Denmeade, MD