To provide support to existing state prostate cancer organizations; to facilitate the development of new state prostate cancer organizations; and to serve as a collective and collaborative voice to make prostate cancer a national health care priority.
Goals and Objectives
- To be a resource to foster, encourage and promote the development of state prostate cancer coalitions;
- To be a collective voice for state prostate cancer coalitions on a national basis;
- To be a resource for the state prostate cancer organizations and a clearinghouse of ongoing best practices; and
- To support and encourage state prostate cancer organizations in their efforts involving prostate cancer awareness, education, treatment and clinical trials.
- To continue to establish the Alliance as the recognized national network for state prostate cancer organizations;
- To increase the national awareness of prostate cancer;
- To support states in their efforts to reduce health disparities and improve access to care in high risk, medically underserved communities;
- To encourage state organizations to mobilize patients and those interested in prostate cancer; and
- To collaborate with other organizations and stakeholders interested in prostate cancer.